Error code 0x80070570 Installing Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the Windows 7 32-bit ISO from MSDN and used the iso to install the OS on a VMWare virtual machine with no errors. Then I burned the ISO image to a DVD and booted up my Dell Optiplex 755 to wipe and clean install Windows 7. Everything goes smoothly until the installer starts unpacking files. It sits at 0% for about ten minutes then shows this error...

Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make 
        sure all files required for installation are available, then restart the installation. 
        Error Code: 0x80070570

At first I suspected the burn. Since I had installed the OS to a VMWare image by mapping the iso, I know the iso is good.

I burned a second disk at the slowest speed setting my machine offers, and tried the second disk with the same results.

Any idea how I can overcome this prolen?

Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:52 AM

Answers

• I downloaded the 64-bit iso from MSDN and burned it to a dvd at the slowest speed available (21x). This time is installed flawlessly.

I still don't know why the 32-bit iso fails. If you have a CPU that supports the 64-bit version, then that will probably fix it for you too... maybe.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:22 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem, it's very slow even before the installer starts ... searching on others forum, apparently due to "download manager" from microsoft, any tips or solutions ? none found for the moment ...
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:22 AM
  • I downloaded the 64-bit iso from MSDN and burned it to a dvd at the slowest speed available (21x). This time is installed flawlessly.

I still don't know why the 32-bit iso fails. If you have a CPU that supports the 64-bit version, then that will probably fix it for you too... maybe.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 9:22 AM
  • Maybe the solution is here :http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/629a4306-ccbf-4897-ab81-74cbd8c59d3a
    i haven't try yet but i will soon ...
    • Proposed as answer by Silverdream Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:16 AM
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 11:59 PM

• The Problem is the Memory

some broken parts, fucks up all of it.

I had 3x 2gb removed 2x, and tried each one, 2nd try with 1 single, windows installed without problem.

so first one of mine is broken

Check your Memory. and if dont have a Operating system like me. Just swap out....

Silverdream
    • Proposed as answer by Silverdream Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:18 AM
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 12:18 AM