Outlook 2016 Attach File Recent File list shows empty RRS feed

• Question

• I used to have Outlook 2016 Attach File Recent File list showing the recently modified files but for some reason it's showing no items any more. I reinstalled office 2016 but it did not fix this issue.

Any ideas if I can get this working again?

Thanks

Gokhan Varol

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Gokhan,

What's your detailed Outlook 2016 version?

I tested in my Outlook 2016 and was unable to reproduced your issue. What's your account connection type?

Please start Outlook in safe mode to have a try. Disable any third-party anti-virus program. Also change a computer with Outlook 2016 to narrow down the issue.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by GV1973 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:29 AM

All replies

• It integrates with the Recent Items list of Windows. If that was cleared, then the list will show up empty in Outlook as well.

If you are in a corporate environment, then it could also be that it was disabled by your administrator as a policy.
    See: Disable or limit the Recent Items list in the Attach File menu

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:41 PM
  • Hi Robert

The windows recent item list is not cleared and seem to be functioning properly.

I have been through the link provided and that did not fix the issue either.

Gokhan Varol

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:58 PM
  • Hi Gokhan,

What's your detailed Outlook 2016 version?

I tested in my Outlook 2016 and was unable to reproduced your issue. What's your account connection type?

Please start Outlook in safe mode to have a try. Disable any third-party anti-virus program. Also change a computer with Outlook 2016 to narrow down the issue.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by GV1973 Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:24 PM
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:29 AM
  • Hi Winnie

Running outlook in safe mode did the trick, Thank you :-)

Gokhan Varol

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 2:24 PM