none
SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available

Question

• I am facing interim issue with my oracle DB. where smtp relay is working for 99% of emails sent but only 1% being sending failed with error "SMTP transient error: 421 Service not available". I am unable to trace any log entry for missed emails at exchange end in smtp receive logs.

please guide how to trace and resolve the issue. both my server are available not network connectivity issue. ping telnet trace won't show any outage or disconnect.

Br,

AA

Thursday, April 4, 2019 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Request to verify all exchange server's exchange transport service running properly. if any one of server transport service issue will face issue like this.

Also check DNS connectivity  from application server to Exchange server.

Thanks & Regards, Kumar N

Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:45 AM
  • Hi Ajnabi,

Have you found any pattern on this issue? Anything in common among these missed emails? Does it happen during a specific time?

>>I am unable to trace any log entry for missed emails at exchange end in smtp receive logs.

I'm not quite sure how your environment was configured, but if no tracking logs can be found for the missing emails at Exchange end, it's most likely that the messages had not reached your Exchange server. Have you consulted the Oracle support and confirm whether all settings are correctly configured?

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 5, 2019 5:52 AM
  • Dear Ajnabi,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that we can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:28 AM