No measures but dimension data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I'm a beginner of ProClarity so I may direct you an already known issue...

My problem is:
    I'm running ProClarity 6.2 professional edition on a PAS server. I can open a cube, add dimension data to the grid, but however not se any measures. I can browse through the dimensions and view all dimension data, but all measures are empty (even the "default measuregroup count"-measure is empty). My user is ServerAdmin and it shouldn't be a role problem (I guess...)

When I connect to the cube using Excel2007, BIDS or SSMS I can browse it perfectly (all dimensions and measure data visual)

My question: How can I go further in my investigation of the problem? Is this a known issue? Has it to do with serverconfiguration? Is Internet Explorer 7 a part of the problem (has recently been installed)?

Best, Jocke
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:28 AM

Answers

• On further investigation, i found that this happens only for the cubes that has Action created in the cube. I have a URL action set for some cubes and only for those cube data is not displaying unless I go and delete the Action_Type property from the MDX query in ProClarity. Any idea how to fix this?

Finally I got the issue. It was in the cube actions where there was a syntax error which caused this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Suman Sundar Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:02 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 4:55 AM

All replies

• Hello Jocke,

ProClarity 6.2 and IE 7 are not compatible, so you may notice abnormalities when using that configuration.  Are you stating that you cannot see 'Measures' within the ProClarity setup panel, or that all measure values appear blank within the data results when running a query?  If you have Admin rights and can see the data in Excel you should in turn see the same results in ProClarity, as the two applications use the same connection mechanism (PTS). 

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:12 PM
  • Hello Jocke,

ProClarity 6.2 and IE 7 are not compatible, so you may notice abnormalities when using that configuration.  Are you stating that you cannot see 'Measures' within the ProClarity setup panel, or that all measure values appear blank within the data results when running a query?  If you have Admin rights and can see the data in Excel you should in turn see the same results in ProClarity, as the two applications use the same connection mechanism (PTS). 

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Hi Amanda,
      I face the same issue which is that all measure values appear blank within the data results in the briefing book created using Desktop professional. When i further debugged it, I went to view-> MDX , i found the cell format setting at the end of the MDX. There is a property called Action_Type which when removed from the query displayed the value of the measures in the Grid that I was looking at the data. This is not happening for all cubes but for set of cubes. Any idea how to fix this issue? its very critical

I use Proclarity 6.1 and SSAS 2005
    Sunday, June 14, 2009 4:30 AM
  • On further investigation, i found that this happens only for the cubes that has Action created in the cube. I have a URL action set for some cubes and only for those cube data is not displaying unless I go and delete the Action_Type property from the MDX query in ProClarity. Any idea how to fix this?

Finally I got the issue. It was in the cube actions where there was a syntax error which caused this issue.
    • Proposed as answer by Suman Sundar Wednesday, June 17, 2009 6:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:02 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 4:55 AM