none
Deployment failing to install operating system? RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I am using Deployment Workbench 6.3.8443.1000 and Hyper-V 10.0.14393.0. I am having issues with deploying my Windows 10 Enterprise image into Hyper-V and even on my testbench. I had initially had issues with deploying it and it trying to inject drivers (There are none included with this image), but I told it to ignore those issues and move on. However, now it fails to install the operating system. I've updated the deployment share and media multiple times (created new boot images) and it is still throwing these errors up. I've also checked all of my paths for the task sequence items and they are correct.

I am building this image to reflect our current environment, which is a closed network. I am starting to wonder if it's trying to connect to the deployment share? (Notice the local security database errors.)

At first, things didn't seem right when the ISO image I generated was only around 500MB and was not the size of a regular Windows installation disc.

The error I'm getting:

ZTI ERROR - Unhandled error returned by the ZTIDrivers: Type mismatch (13)
    FAILURE ( 5601 ): False: Verify OS guid {guid} exists.
    Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005
    Failed to run the action: Inject Drivers
    The data is invalid. (Error: 0000000D; Source: Windows)
    The execution engine ignored the failure of the action (Inject Drivers) and continues execution
    Failed to run the action: Install Operating System.
    The password for this computer is not found in the local security database. (Error: 000015E1; Source: Windows)
    The execution of the group (Install) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.
    Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows)
    Failed to run the last action: Install Operating System. Execution of task sequence failed.
    The password for this computer is not found in the local security database. (Error: 000015E1; Source: Windows)
    Task Sequence Engine failed! Code: enExecutionFail
    Task sequence execution failed with error code 80004005
    SetNamedSecurityInfo() failed. 0x80070005
    RegQueryValueExW is unsuccessful for Software\Microsoft\SMS\Task Sequence, SMSTSEndProgram
    GetTsRegValue() is unsuccessful. 0x80070002.
    Error Task Sequence Manager failed to execute task sequence. Code 0x80004005

I am sure that I am missing something small in my task sequence or in my deployment share and wanted some feedback on what it could possibly be.

Thank you

Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:05 PM

All replies

• I have never seen this error, and I don't understand the context here of what is happening. IF you are still having problems, please copy your bdd.log file and the panther logs to a public site like onedrive and share the link.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 12:07 AM
  • Have you seen this post? https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/aa2d2481-d4b6-4519-b624-f20f60cfea9b/failure-5601-false-verify-os-guid-guid-exists?forum=mdt

Johan commented as well and advised to re-create the deployment share. Hopefully this thread helps.

Friday, February 24, 2017 12:08 PM