CRITICAL: Must Disable Junk Mail Filter / By-pass for Mail Forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• Mail forwarding from my Microsoft e-mail has been successful for at least a couple of years, until the last couple months. Something changed wherein the Junk Mail filter started filtering my mail on the Outlook.com side, and only forwarding mail that got past that filtering process. To make matters worse, a large number of my regular contacts and email threads are getting filtered by Outlook, so they don't get forwarded. Now I have to check two mail folders multiple times a day: my regular inbox at another mail service, and my Outlook.com Junk Mail folder.

This service is utterly crippling for communications and it needs to be addressed ASAP. What am I to do? The junk mail filter setting is on the standard setting -- the lowest setting in Outlook.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 9:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From a description, you have emails sent to your Outlook.com account forwarded to the other email account of yours, correct? How do you achieve this? Did you do it via setting a forwarding rule?

Does this issue happen in Outlook desktop application or in Outlook.com web mail app?

>>a large number of my regular contacts and email threads are getting filtered by Outlook

If possible, please try to add these regular contacts to your safe senders list and then see whether this issue continues.

In addition, since this forum is for questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook desktop application, if the issue happens in Outlook.com web mail app, I'd recommend you post a new question to the dedicated forum for Outlook.com to get further assistance:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, July 3, 2017 9:56 AM
    Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:40 AM