Windows 8.1 delete all fingerprint data

Question

• Hello;

I'm testing out the Windows 8.1 RTM build. Fingerprint enrollment works well enough, but I seem to have problems deleting old fingerprints. Consider this scenario:

1. User account "George" is created.

2. George enrolls a fingerprint.

3. George realizes that he wants a different username. He creates user account "George.Washington".

4. User deletes the "George" account without first deleting his fingerprint data.

5. George tries to enroll the same fingerprint in the "George.Washington" account, but he gets an error saying the fingerprint is already enrolled.

Anybody know how to get around this? It is easy enough to delete all of the fingerprints created for a current user, but it appears that after the account is deleted, those fingerprints just go into limbo...

Let me know if I can explain anything better.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:12 AM

Answers

• If you can log in as the user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer. It worked for me.
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:32 PM

All replies

• Bump. Anybody? Can someone at least reproduce the issue?
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:04 AM
  • If you can log in as the user, under Sign-in Options, you can remove all fingerprints. If the user is inaccessible, try deleting or renaming the C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase\[GUID].DAT file and then restart the computer. It worked for me.
    Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:32 PM