none
Would Project Server be Suitable for an Angular 2 Application? RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the very early stages of architecting a planning solution for my client which needs to provide a planning capability tightly integrated into an application which will be available from web browsers on my client's intranet. It is currently my intention to develop the client application in Angular 2 and I plan to build my own ASP.NET Web Api service to provide access to my SQL data. All of the planning functionality would have to be custom written in the web application with a suitably developed SQL schema implemented on the server to suit.

By chance I saw that Microsoft Project Server may be able to provide all of the core project planning functionality on the server and be accessible through RESTful http requests from my Angular 2 web application.

Can anyone please provide any advice or supporting information to clarify if Microsoft Project Server could integrate with a Javascript/Typescript web application enabling me to concentrate on only the client specific business logic in my application and utilise Microsoft Project Server to handle all of the generic project planning functionality via Http requests?

Thank you.

Monday, October 17, 2016 10:33 AM