KB3020369 applying to Windows 7 ?!?! RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

>>As far as I know, Windows 7 Computers cannot be RODC !

It's absolutely right.

I have consulted with the author of this KB. According to the reply, update 3020369 is for a Binary File: cmitrust.dll, which is also included in Windows 7.

The update have a code fix for the issue that is described in the KB article but may not limited to this issue.

So KB3020369 can be also applied to Windows 7 (to apply the lastest version of cmitrust.dll ), even Windows 7 can’t be an RODC.

Hope this helps.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DCourtel Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>As far as I know, Windows 7 Computers cannot be RODC !

It's absolutely right.

I have consulted with the author of this KB. According to the reply, update 3020369 is for a Binary File: cmitrust.dll, which is also included in Windows 7.

The update have a code fix for the issue that is described in the KB article but may not limited to this issue.

So KB3020369 can be also applied to Windows 7 (to apply the lastest version of cmitrust.dll ), even Windows 7 can’t be an RODC.

Hope this helps.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by DCourtel Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:18 AM
    Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:27 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the fast reply.

I was asking this because I'm investigating an issue happened on my computer and another one, when appllying two update last days (KB3020369 and KB3045645).

Computers apply these updates and, at restart,  display the message "Applying update 2 of 2", and stay at this step forever until we make a hard shutdown. These updates was marked has "successfull" in the Windows update log.

David COURTEL

IT Technician

Wsus Third-Party Softwares Publishing : Wsus Package Publisher

Outlook 2013 PST Backup : Pst Backup 2013

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 6:22 AM