CustomAction _ConfigureAnalysisServer returned actual error code 1603 RRS feed

• Question

• Error: CustomAction _ConfigureAnalysisServer returned actual error code 1603

My Scenario: SCSM - Comp 1; SCDW - Comp 2; SCSMDatabase for both SCSM and SCWD - Comp -3, Self Service and other - Comp - 4.

_____________________________________________________________________________

SCSM - Comp 1 - Successfully Installed 

No Issues faced

SCDW - Comp 2 - Fails with the error "CustomAction _ConfigureAnalysisServer returned actual error code 1603" from setup logs and from the SCWArehouse Installer GUI "An error occurred while executing a custom action:_ConfigureAnalysisServer This upgrade attempt has failed before permanent modifications were made. Upgrade has successfully rolled back to the original state of the system. Once the correction <g class="gr_ gr_244 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="244" id="244" style="font-size:0.75em;">are</g> made, you can retry upgrade for this role." 

Analysis Service and Reporting Server both are installed on the same server where data warehouse hosted.

Please suggest any possible solution or workaround for this issue

Monday, March 25, 2019 9:53 AM

Answers

• Instead of using a remote database, I Installed a new Database Server on the Dataware server itself. Installed successfully

Monday, March 25, 2019 12:28 PM

All replies

• Instead of using a remote database, I Installed a new Database Server on the Dataware server itself. Installed successfully

Monday, March 25, 2019 12:28 PM
  • Adding my own two cents here.  I ran into the same core error message, but for a very different reason.  Our server admins had set up a new VM for me to install the DW instance, but they used SQL Developer Edition (it was a server in our Dev environment, so this stands to reason).  I didn't catch that element, as my principle concern was that it be release 2016.

Suffice to say, after hours of wrangling with install issues and getting that error message "An error occurred while executing a custom action:_ConfigureAnalysisServer", we discovered that I was attempting to do this against SQL Developer 2016, not Standard nor Enterprise.

He is currently building a new VM for me, but it's worth looking at both your Release and your Edition when troubleshooting this.  (We were already on a local SQL - not remote - so I knew the answer here didn't apply to our scenario).

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:28 AM