Sharepoint 2003 sp3 error RRS feed

• Question

• A few weeks ago I installed service pack 3 for sharepoint 2003 onto my server and since I have been receiving site cannot be found errors.  There is another hitch to the situation before I start.  I changed the system password a week before applying the service pack and did not restart.  At this point have tried the psconfig command to force the update and it stops.  I even uninstalled sharepoint and reinstalled and the page will not be dispalyed.  I am receiving an error logging into the SQL server.  I can go in with the SQL explore tool and it appear all data is there.  I have no idea how to start at this point. 
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi MStape,

What have you done to recover SharePoint so far ? Did you find more related error logs or error events ?

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, December 30, 2011 9:55 AM
  • What is the specific error message that you are encountering? As Daniel mentioned, if you can find any additional error messages in the SharePoint logs or upgrade log or event viewer logs, please provide those as well. I assume you are unable to get to the SharePoint Central Adminsitration site, but can you confirm whether or not that is accessible to you as well?

The password change without reboot should not be causing any of the upgrade problems if it was changed prior to the upgrade and SharePoint was still funtioning correctly at that time.

Regards,

Jerad Plesuk
    Technical Support | SharePoint Technologies | Microsoft Corporation
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Friday, December 30, 2011 6:17 PM
  • During the upgrade process first you have upgraded wss2.0 and after that sps2003? What are the build numbers for wss2.0 and for sps2003?

If you are creating an udl file on the SharePoint server can you access the SharePoint databases?

MCITP|MCTS SharePoint
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 10:06 PM