none
Forefront TMG 2010 Advantages? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts

What are the advantages of deploying forefront tmg 2010 over other hardware based firewall solutions.???

Thank You....

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:36 AM

Answers

• HI

As Anthony said, Many and you will feel only if you work on it to be honest and i like it verymuch !!

Main Advantages are :

Its syncs well with all Microsoft products like Exchanges / Sharepoint / Lync etc and many MS products are designed keeping TMG in Mind.

Best advantage is : Proxy and reverse Proxy, Publish mutiple websites with single IP

AD integrated so that you can controll based on single user / Ad group as well. ( many firewall has AD integration but not that like TMG which i feel.

Below are some features. All in one server

Highlight: HTTPS Inspection
    URL Filtering
    Web antivirus/anti-malware protection
    E-mail security
    Network Inspection System (NIS)
    SSL bridging support
    Site-to-site VPN
    Remote access VPN
    Network load balancing
    Caching

• Edited by S Guna Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by techspec90 Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:29 PM
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:39 AM

All replies

• There are many, and it was a great product, but unfortunately it's hit the end of it's life.  Though it's still supported, it's not being actively developed so I'd suggest considering other solutions.

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/default.aspx?sort=PN&alpha=Forefront&Filter=FilterNO

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:32 AM
  • HI

As Anthony said, Many and you will feel only if you work on it to be honest and i like it verymuch !!

Main Advantages are :

Its syncs well with all Microsoft products like Exchanges / Sharepoint / Lync etc and many MS products are designed keeping TMG in Mind.

Best advantage is : Proxy and reverse Proxy, Publish mutiple websites with single IP

AD integrated so that you can controll based on single user / Ad group as well. ( many firewall has AD integration but not that like TMG which i feel.

Below are some features. All in one server

Highlight: HTTPS Inspection
    URL Filtering
    Web antivirus/anti-malware protection
    E-mail security
    Network Inspection System (NIS)
    SSL bridging support
    Site-to-site VPN
    Remote access VPN
    Network load balancing
    Caching

• Edited by S Guna Wednesday, May 28, 2014 6:42 AM