none
Business Intellegence Sample Report - Granting access to 500 users with out AD Synchronization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I need to grant access to approx 500 users on business intellegence sample reports and template. These users belong to differnt department and we don't want to use the AD synchronization as we need to define the AD group for these users exclusively and there will be maintenance issue with AD also , due to some organization policy.

So far what we came to know that we need to add these 500 user on secure store token setting and on project server reporting database. I have a doubt that this would be the only approach for granting rights on business intellegence with out AD. 

Can some body confirm me that this is the only approach that we need to follow for granting rights to users without using AD Synchronization or is there any other way of this?

Vinay Gupta

Monday, March 12, 2012 6:38 PM

All replies

• Why not put all the BI users in a Active Directory group and  call it something like BI_REPORT_VIEWERS and then provide access to the BI site and grant the AD to   the Secure store that points to BI OLAP and include the BI_REPORT_VIEWERS active directory in the local group for MSAOLAP#sqlserver#.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCC 2011
    www.WhartonComputer.com

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:09 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for the revert.

My main problem is that , I don't want to use AD Group for granting this permission 'coz there are so many reason as for as policy is concerned and due to timeline of the project.

Is there any other way of acheiving this.

Vinay Gupta

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:47 AM