Clicking on "Show All Content" Closes Window RRS feed

• Question

• I am working through an issue with a web-based learning tool. When the player launches, a banner appears across the bottom stating that "Only secure content is displayed" with a button labeled "Show All Content". When I click on the button, the entire player window closes. I know how to get rid of the warning and have applied a group policy to a set of computers and that works fine to get rid of the banner. But my question is: Why is showing all of the content - secure and not secure - forcing the window to close?
    Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the page gets reloaded...and the insecure content is downloaded into the cache.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:03 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Any idea on what we can do to stop this behavior? We want to prevent the window from closing.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Hi,

Please share your IE and OS version?

In addition, have you checked this KB article?

“Only secure content is displayed” notification in Internet Explorer 9 or later

We may disable the “Only secure content is displayed” message from IE:

1. Tools-> Internet Options.

2. Tap or click the Secruity tab, and then tap or click the Custom Level.

3. In the Settings box, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section, and under Display mixed content choose from the following options:

Disable, will not display non-secure items.

Enable, will always display non-secure items without asking

Prompt, will prompt you when a webpage is using non-secure content

More information, please check into the KB article.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Michael_LS Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:34 AM
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:34 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. I have checked that article and have actually been able to apply a group policy that can remove the banner. The question, however, is: Why does clicking on Show All Content force the window to close? We want the banner to appear to let the users know what they are getting into. However, we do not want that window to close.

The computers are on a domain. They are Windows 7, 64-bit and are using IE9.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:16 PM