none
Inventory and Assesment Crashes - Please Help. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the MAP 4.0 on 4 different operating system with 8 - 12GB of ram.  I have around 10,000 device to scan and no more then 5 mins into it the App crashes or gives me a System.OutOfMemory error.  These systems I have tried to run it on still show plenty of available memory.  I saw someone below with a simular issue.  Please help.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 7:48 PM

Answers

• We have recently seen this issue.  And we are currently working on a fix.  If you are able to, running on a 64bit machine should be a good workaround, while we wait for a fix.

Would you be interested in testing out a private build when we have something that appears to fix this issue?

-Eric

• Marked as answer by astroudjr Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:04 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:56 PM

All replies

• here is the end of the log:

description='DeviceInventoryWorkItem(GUID={d6d50ef9-1e03-4058-bb4c-c186643c1c51},DnsHostName='LLLLGU05')'. Elapsed time: 00:02:28.139
    <UIConsole 15:55:59>  InventoryWorker.InventoryProgressChanged: Progress event.
    <UIConsole 15:55:59>  TaskProcessor.WorkerProgressChanged: Worker: 'Inventory'
    <UIConsole 15:55:59>  ProgressPage.TaskProgressChangedCallback
    <Default 15:56:01> Error: InventoryWorkCallback() - Device(GUID={0cc95efc-171c-468b-9ca6-451a09c5537d},DnsHostName='LLLLtr01') : Caught unexpected exception and terminating inventory.
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSinkILogger.Error(String format, Object[] args)
      0   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSink.LogEntry(LogEntryDetails logEntryDetails)
    <Default 15:56:01> Error: WorkCallback() - Exception terminated InventoryWorkItem with description='DeviceInventoryWorkItem(GUID={a4cad99b-8533-4732-8cc0-984f8687d870},DnsHostName='LLLLTR01')'. Elapsed time: 00:03:47.216
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSinkILogger.Error(String format, Object[] args)
      0   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSink.LogEntry(LogEntryDetails logEntryDetails)
    <Default 15:56:01> Error: Worker() - WorkerThread141 caught an unexpected exception:
    System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown..   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.Logging.FlatFileSinkILogger.Error(String format, Object[] args)
    <Default 15:56:01> Error: InventoryWorkCallback() - Device(GUID={cc8f6365-631d-47fc-b9db-51fd6270373c},DnsHostName='LLLLPR01') : Caught unexpected exception and terminating inventory.
    <Default 15:56:01>  Worker() - WorkerThread73 is exiting.
    <Default 15:56:01>  Worker() - WorkerThread200 is exiting.
    <Default 15:56:01>  Worker() - WorkerThread163 is exiting.

Monday, October 12, 2009 8:08 PM
  • We have recently seen this issue.  And we are currently working on a fix.  If you are able to, running on a 64bit machine should be a good workaround, while we wait for a fix.

Would you be interested in testing out a private build when we have something that appears to fix this issue?

-Eric

• Marked as answer by astroudjr Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:04 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2009 9:56 PM
  • I am interesed in testing the new build, as I have spent a tremendous amount of time trying to get this version to work, for many reasons.  I do have 64bit hardware, I just need to see if we carry a 64bit enterpirse MS OS. Please let me know when a possible fix is available.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:57 PM
  • You mentioned testing a private build and I noticed that the MAP 5.0 beta program is running.  I am interested in testing this new build.  Is there any information you need from me?
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:09 PM
  • I should not need any information from you for now...And we should have build for you in a few weeks at the most.

-Eric

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:36 PM
  • Do you have a fix for the MAP Crash issues, I have seen a few thread experiancing the problem I am having.  Yet no solutions seem to be presented.

Thank You.

-Michael
    Friday, January 15, 2010 2:42 AM
  • Somehow you missed the NEW announcement at the top of this forum…sorry…J

·         NEW! Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP) is now available.

Eric Haberman 1<abbr class="affil">MSFT</abbr>Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:21 PM

NEW! Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.0 Community Technical Preview (CTP) is now available.

Register for the MAP Toolkit 5.0 CTP and download. (Live ID required)

Come and help us test all the exciting new features!

What’s New with version 5.0 CTP?
    The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.0 CTP includes the following new features:

• Heterogeneous Server Environment Inventory for Linux / UNIX

• Ability to determine usage of System Center Configuration Manager

• Office 2010 Readiness Assessment.

This version includes fixes for the following issues:

Supports Office 2010 for setup and reporting

Corrects “Out of memory” errors encountered when running MAP on large WAN environments

Windows Server 2008 R2 report provides better messaging when inventorying previous versions of Windows Server, trying to determine if the hardware supports 64-bit or not.

Inventory performance improvements, better messaging for inventory failures.

Friday, January 15, 2010 3:43 PM