none
How to clone a Tape? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

You can always run an Ad-Hoc backup by right-clicking on a data source - select "create recovery point" - select "long term tape protection" and that will start a new tape backup without making a 2nd copy.   What tape is used for that recovery point will be based on the tapes in the system at the time and the co-location parameters.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to adjust the number of tape copies to two.  You need two tape drives for the tape copy operation to work. After the normal backup completes, a tape copy will be made.

Note the warning about requiring two tape drives.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, May 11, 2015 5:31 PM
  • Hi,

The job configured to to make two copy, when the job run I had hardware failure, and not all data copied to the second tape , so now I have one tape with full data and anther one that missing data.

so, I need to clone the tape with the full data, I don't wont to re run the job, because it will create two copies, and I need only one.

thanks,

Lior

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:06 AM
  • Hi,

You can always run an Ad-Hoc backup by right-clicking on a data source - select "create recovery point" - select "long term tape protection" and that will start a new tape backup without making a 2nd copy.   What tape is used for that recovery point will be based on the tapes in the system at the time and the co-location parameters.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 3:00 PM