Branch office UM AA RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to place an AA in a branch office. We have Lync 2013 and Ex2013. On the Lync side, we have a survivable branch appliance. On the exchange side, we have 2 mailbox/cas servers in our core datacenter.

I want to place a mailbox/cas in the branch to provide local AA services.

I've stood up the branch mailbox/CAS, created a SIP URI dialplan, integrated it with Lync, and associated ONLY the branch mailbox/CAS server with the branch dialplan. Finally, I created an AA associated with the branch dialplan. I called the AA, and it picked up. So, I thought, "mission accomplished"....until I looked at the SIP traffic. 

Even though my branch dialplan was only authorized to the branch mailbox/CAS server, the AA audio is played from one of our core maibox/CAS servers. The SIP trace shows the call hitting the branch mailbox/CAS and being redirected to the core servers.

Can anyone help me understand why this is and how I can force this AA to only be answered on this branch server?

Friday, March 18, 2016 5:13 PM

All replies

• I have a little more information.

I found this thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/59f12074-dbc7-4578-b2a2-40262a1c5c6b/auto-attendant-intermittently-routes-call-to-out-of-regionnot-in-dial-plan-um-server?forum=exchangesvrunifiedmessaging

The above discussion refers to the arbitration mailbox not being available in the site where the AA is intended to play. Upon examination in my branch site, we discovered that the mailbox database was not mounted. We have now mounted the local mailbox database and are waiting on the grammar files to generate.

Can anyone help me with how to log these items to determine 1) which arbitration mailbox the AA is associated with 2) if it is available on the branch server. I have expert level logging enabled for all UM-related objects through set-logginglevel, but I don't see any UM entries on this branch server.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:50 AM
  • Is there a better forum that this request should go to? I thought this was the right place for an Ex2013 UM question, but, considering it hasn't had any responses for 5 days, I'm wondering if this should be somewhere else. Can a moderator please reply to advise?

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:08 PM