none
A utility that grabs a screenshot of all computers on a non-domain network? RRS feed

• Question

• does one exist?

I looked online and noticed there is a screenshot.ps1 powershell script, the issue with that though would be if it's running on a system account remotely on each machine it may not work?

any suggestions or avenues I could look at for this option? or even automate a print screen button to paste and output as a jpg file?

Friday, May 15, 2020 4:51 PM

All replies

• Obviously if you have local admin permission you could use psexec and automate the script..

I see only one problem depending on the OS of the remote machine.. the session on which start the script.

When you use psexec to connect to a remote machine generally you start it al local system this will generally go to the service session.. you should specify the interactive remote session or explicitly the session number..

something like:

psexec \\<Remotemachine name or address> -u <username> -p<pasword> -s -i powershell.exe c:\programdata\screenshot.ps1

you could copy powershell.ps1 on each machine before running it, because if you put the script on a remote share you must grant permission to execute remote script and so on, and will be a mess..

honestly this seems something peculiar.. i feel this like the temptative to control these users and don't like it.. but it is possible if you have administrative credential even if the computers are not in a domain..

HTH

-mario

Friday, May 15, 2020 5:40 PM
  • You could try the task scheduler.

SCHTASKS /Create /tn "TakePicture" /sc once /st 00:00 /tr "Powershell.exe -WindowStyle Hidden c:\utils\screenshot.ps1" /ru interactive /s YourRemoteMachineName 
    SCHTASKS /run /tn "TakePicture" /s YourRemoteMachineName

Monday, May 18, 2020 2:54 AM