Disable URL Pop up after Communicator Install. RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently rolling out Office Communicator 2007 (Dont Ask!) to our entire estate.

The application is being deployed via SCCM 2012 CB.

When a user logs in for the first time after the install they are prompted with a pop-up containing the following URL

"https://products.office.com/ - Online Meetings with Skype for Business, Formerly Lync"

I believe it is just a marketing pop-up to advertise the replacement for OCS.

Does anyone know of a way I can suppress / prevent this pop up?

I have used Orca to check through the .msi but cant find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance.

Monday, January 8, 2018 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi PJBrandon,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please give us a screenshot for the pop up message https://products.office.com/ - Online Meetings with Skype for Business, Formerly Lync? Please give us the detail information about this.
    Did the issue happen to all clients or specific client?

If the issue only happened to specific client, please try to delete OCS cache files: %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Communicator\ sip_UserName@Domain.com

Also, you can also install the latest update for your client

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Tuesday, January 9, 2018 2:23 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, January 10, 2018 9:23 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Regards, 

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Alice-Wang Friday, January 12, 2018 8:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, January 22, 2018 9:46 AM
    Friday, January 12, 2018 8:58 AM