Mac OS & Microsoft RDP not able to stream microphone RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I'm running MacOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 on a Mac Mini with Apple Thunderbolt cinema Display (which has microphone). On Mac the mic works great but when I open the App Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.3.5 (1723) I'm not able to stream the mic.

I created a profile, edited it, but under Devices & Audio the Microphone check is blind and i'm not able to click it. I suppose the app is not recognizing that i have a mic, but i have it. Under the Audio settings of Mac in the input tab i see it and works great in other native apps. Is there anything else i could do to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards

Thursday, November 28, 2019 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Jenny:
    I solved the problem. The problem was that the "Remote desktop app" didn't have right permissions to access to the microphone. Under System preferences => Security and privacy => Microphone i added the remote desktop app and after that the check is able to being modified. 

Best regards.

• Marked as answer by NeRViTH Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Two places need your double check:

1. For new Session---> sound ----> play on device or play on remote PC

2.For existing session:

Click the pencil icon in the bottom right hand corner, select Sound and check the detail configuration.

3. Please confirm the version of remote desktop client for mac you've utilized. And test with the beta version and verify if issue still persists after above checking.

What about the Mac beta client?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-mac#what-about-the-mac-beta-client

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Hi Jenny:
    I solved the problem. The problem was that the "Remote desktop app" didn't have right permissions to access to the microphone. Under System preferences => Security and privacy => Microphone i added the remote desktop app and after that the check is able to being modified. 

Best regards.

• Marked as answer by NeRViTH Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, December 3, 2019 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

I wanted to know how you added the remote desktop app in the Microphone section as I cannot see the remote desktop app listed in that section even though I have it installed in applications on my Mac. Please help.

Thanks,

Ashish

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 9:22 AM
  • I used the newest Remote Desktop app and now the the app appears in the microphone & camera sections.  I gave permissions and it still does not work.
    Monday, March 23, 2020 7:21 PM