Outlook 2013 Incoming Emails Delayed RRS feed

• Question

• My Outlook 2013 incoming emails take hours to receive.  I see them immediately on iPhone and iPad.  Outgoing emails are sent immediately.  Am using POP email.  Any suggestions?  I have checked that the email account is properly set up.  I have disabled all Add-Ins.  No firewall to contend with.  Send/Receive process shows Send completed but Receiving continues to process several times but never completes.
    • Edited by Hillsgal Monday, March 25, 2019 2:51 PM
    Monday, March 25, 2019 2:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Hillsgal,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred?
    What’s the size of your PST files? If your PST files is too large, you can considering archive it if possible.
    The antivirus program may also cause the delay, it is suggested to temporarily turn off antivirus program, and then send a test email again.

Besides, “Schedule an automatic send/receive every n minutes” option can also cause this issue, you can set the interval for automatic receiving/sending to be shorter.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 29, 2019 1:21 AM