Title column not available as choice when setting field in custom workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I have List A  that is used as a lookup in a field in List B. The List A consists of an ID field and a Title field.

Now I am trying to create a custom workflow for List B.  In the workflow, I am trying to set a field in List B to the title field from List A.  However it appears that the Title field is never available to me as a choice.  The only choices it provides to me are: ID, Item Type, Level, Path , UI version, and URL Path.  Other than ID, I don't even know what those other fields are.  And I don't understand why there is no Title field available. 

Thanks for any advice.

There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you are trying to accomplish.

Monday, February 3, 2014 11:47 PM

Answers

• Hi run4it,

In my opinion, the lookup type field in List B should lookup the item ID from List A, and then just display the actual field value(e.g. Title field in list A) specified when creating the lookup column, so we can set the "ID" in workflow, it will display the "Title" value corresponded to "ID" in list B after workflow completes.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:38 AM