How to deploy modern pages with OOTB webparts and static content from one tenant to another? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have created few modern pages in SharePoint Online. Added few OOTB webparts(QuickLinks, Hero webpart, Events, News etc) on them along with some static content.

Could you please advise how can we migrate those pages from my Dev tenant to another tenant along with the content?

Thanks & Regards,

Deepali

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Deepali,

I copied the modern page from one tenant to another tenant. Per my testing, the Hero, Events and News do not work.  The Events web part and News web part are getting the events or news from the selected data source. They are not web parts with static content. Some links with relative path in the Quick Links will not work as expected.

You need to create a modern page in the tenant and manually add web parts to the page.

Best Regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Deepali,

I copied the modern page from one tenant to another tenant. Per my testing, the Hero, Events and News do not work.  The Events web part and News web part are getting the events or news from the selected data source. They are not web parts with static content. Some links with relative path in the Quick Links will not work as expected.

You need to create a modern page in the tenant and manually add web parts to the page.

Best Regards,

Linda

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

You may use 3rd party migration tool like Sharegate (https://sharegate.com/)

Regards, Nanddeep Nachan

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:30 AM