none
Create a range of non-working days RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a base calendar in Project with specific non-working days. We have a project that has a working schedule of 12 working days and two rest days with a project duration of 32 weeks.

When I open up my project click the project tab > Change Working Time > Exceptions tab then I name my exceptions "Rest day" click the start field and set the first day to 1/21/17; the finish field to 1/22/17 and click OK. Then when I re-open the Change Working Time dialogue box the finish date has reverted back to 1/21/17. How can I get Project set-up to my project's schedule listed above?

I am running Microsoft Project Professional 2013.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brad Birdson

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:57 PM

All replies

• Brad,

First of all, is Project 2013 updated with the latest update? If not, or you're not sure, run Windows Update. Project 2013 should be 15.0.4885.1000 (December 2016 update).

What is the base calendar that you apply the exception to? Hopefully it is either the built-in "24 hours" calendar or a custom calendar you created for a 7 day workweek. Try the following. In the Change Working Time window, select the two days as shown.

Then create the exception. When you click on the Start field, Project will automatically set the Start and Finish for the selected days

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 5:55 PM
  • That helped...thanks John!
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 6:21 PM
  • Brad,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 8:09 PM