Central Administration: How to set the maximum number of revisions in document libraries RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Where in Central Administration can I set the maximum number of revisions in document libraries?  I like to control the number of revisions that users can make at site collection level.

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the below

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-and-configure-versioning-for-a-library-3819d2a7-1986-4c77-86f5-a9019fc716e4?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the answer if it helps you

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 7:52 PM
  • Lakshmanan,

Thank you for your reply.  Although your solution works per library, it cannot be applied to every library in a site collection.  I know that PowerShell or a third-party tool can set the maximum number of major and minor versions for every library in a site collection.  I like to know if I can do this using Central Administration tool.  It would be nice for someone who cannot write Powershell to apply the versioning threshold in Central Administration without programming in PowerShell.

I have not used Central Administration before, so I'm looking for the step-by-step instructions on how to limit the versioning thresholds of multiple libraries at site collection level.

Hetty

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:06 PM