none
Refrences Scoping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have three entity Types within the same connector space (CS). Two are mapped to the same Metaverse (MV) Entity:
    CS User -> MV Person
    CS Contact -> MV Person

CS Organization -> MV Organization

Now my Problem: MV Organization references to a MV Person. I would like to flow that information to CS using Synch engine only (no FIMService, no syncRules, no Flow Scope - means coding, which is normally not a problem to me). Using direct flows I get ambiguous flows as expected. So I need an advanced rule. But since I cannot use a MV Reference Attribute as Source-Attribute in an Advanced Export flow things get complicated.
    What's the best option?

thanks for your help

Pirmin

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:43 AM

All replies

• what is the scenario?

Do you need to provision objects to CS or is it only for import?

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply.

I have Dynamics CRM Online bound to my Management Agent. In CRM we have Accounts (Customer Organizations), contacts (People working for customer Organizations) and Users (People working for us). Each Organization has an owner which is always a user in CRM.

In CS CRM-Users and-Contacts have their own entity types (User und Contact). In Metaverse both types are bound to the same entity (person).

Under certain circumstances people have a user and a contact in CRM. In that case a MV Person has multiple Connectors to CRM CS (a contact and a user). When I export the Organization's owner to CRM I need to make sure that always the user is referenced and never the contact.

To answer your question: I provision contacts and organizations in CRM. Users are just for importing since they come from AzureAD

hope this helps

Pirmin

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 11:58 AM
  • Hello Pirmin

Is the any reson you can't use a contact object in MV?

if you can provision contacts as contact in MV you will have less of an issue to update users.

otherwise you can create 2 user objects on for user and one for contacts an use a prefix in dn attribut in CS.

I think that you will struggle with this problem if you can't different the two

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:31 PM