DFS Replication Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I’ve imported the DFS replication management pack (6.0.6321.0) onto our SCOM 2007 r2 server. I’m having trouble with  ‘backlog monitoring  ‘. Basically it is showing no information. I’ve followed the steps in the guide and have set replication interval to every 4 hours. Checked the DFS servers and can’t see any WMI errors. Servers monitored are Server 2003 R2 and Server 2008 R2.

At a bit of a loss now.

Any help would be much appreciated

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Gents

Thanks for the reposnse, strangley I didn't get a notification to say somebody had replied.

It did finally update but it took a long long time. The only problem I have now is with the web view. I have created a new view to look at DFS backlog monitoring which is sorted by Replication Group in ascending order. For some strange reason the web view does not reflect this. One veiw that I have created shows the information but not in ascending order, another does not show the criteria that I have selected and is stuck on the default from the MP.

Thanks for your help so far.

San

• Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Friday, June 11, 2010 3:28 PM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:46 AM

All replies

• What is it you are trying to see, and where?  Is this the current beta of this MP that you have? (all of the version #'s look the same after seeing hundreds of them)

In the beta, a discovery needs to be enabled in order for this static display data to be displayed as a property on a discovered instance of one of the objects defined in the MP.  You have to look at the details for each instance to see the value - and if it is staying zero, you may need to find the discovery that targets this type and enable it.

Microsoft Corporation
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

In addition, please try again referring to the following guides; and the third one also mentions how to configure backlog monitoring:

Importing the DFS Replication Management Pack

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2009/10/23/importing-the-dfs-replication-management-pack.aspx

Configuring the DFS Replication Management Pack

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2009/10/27/configuring-the-dfs-replication-management-pack.aspx

Optional configuration for the DFS Replication Management Pack

http://blogs.technet.com/filecab/archive/2009/10/27/optional-configuration-for-the-dfs-replication-management-pack.aspx

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:26 AM
  • Hi Gents

Thanks for the reposnse, strangley I didn't get a notification to say somebody had replied.

It did finally update but it took a long long time. The only problem I have now is with the web view. I have created a new view to look at DFS backlog monitoring which is sorted by Replication Group in ascending order. For some strange reason the web view does not reflect this. One veiw that I have created shows the information but not in ascending order, another does not show the criteria that I have selected and is stuck on the default from the MP.

Thanks for your help so far.

San

• Marked as answer by Dan Rogers Friday, June 11, 2010 3:28 PM
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 9:46 AM
  • Hello,

Please perform following steps and your DFSR will start showing data.

1.In the Operations console, click the Authoring button.

2. In the Authoring pane, expand Management Pack Objects, and then click Object Discoveries.

3. Right-click DFS Client Computer Discovery, and choose to override the object discovery for all computers running Windows or choose to override all objects in a group.

4. If you do not see the rule, at the top of the Actions pane,

5. Click Change Scope, and verify that your scope is set to include the DFS Client.

6. In the Override Properties dialog box, in the Override column, select the check box next to the Enabled parameter.

7. Change the Override Setting to True.

8. Save the override in custom MP.

Wait for few minutes and the data will come up.

Hope this will help.

Monday, May 18, 2015 1:13 PM