Sending Email's out as a company name? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi basically im on a domain network with a few other worker's, we all share the same domain "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" we have are unique email's, and the company itself has a unique address which when an Email is sent to it, all of the employee's can see this; what im wanting do is send an email out as the "company" from a client account so instead of the email being sent from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" it will be sent from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? sort of like a drop down menu to select a different user when your sending a new message?

This is on Windows 7 running office outlook 2003

Better description posted on the last question I posted, but in the wrong section D:

Support Engineer Community Star

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Community. By the description, I understand that you are want to send an e-mail from any user within but the recipients should receive as the e-mail sent from XYZ @company.com instead of User@company.com

However, as you are working with Outlook on an Exchange Server environment, for better assistance  post your query in the Exchange Server forum:

If you have any query and issues with Office suites and office related products, reply and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

• I had to do this for a client recently. Set up a new mailbox in Exchange for the unique name you will be sending as. Apply the appropriate permissions and then in Outlook you will be able to click the From dropdown and send as the unique address.

This might help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676368%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx

I don't work for Microsoft - I just use their products.

• Proposed as answer by wendy_liu Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by wendy_liu Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:27 PM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:30 PM