none
Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have read how to disable but my question is different.  I keep getting a  "Driver support - windows checking" message when I turn on.  I just went through and did a "Update driver support" on all the items.  I came to this one "Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter" and it gave me a warning message - " Can't update - Unknown - can cause damage" so I ignored it.  What will happen if I ignore the message and try and update the driver support for this or is even necessary?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am not sure if this “driver support” comes from windows (I guess it doesn’t), but I could give you some information about Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter, it is actually not a real device, it is a virtual device which could create a “hotspot” for your WIFI sharing. If it shows “working properly” under device manager, it is not necessary to worry about it.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:32 AM

All replies

• You might be able to automatically fix some problems by running the Windows Update Troubleshooter

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 4:52 PM
  • Hi,

I am not sure if this “driver support” comes from windows (I guess it doesn’t), but I could give you some information about Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport Adapter, it is actually not a real device, it is a virtual device which could create a “hotspot” for your WIFI sharing. If it shows “working properly” under device manager, it is not necessary to worry about it.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 22, 2015 2:32 AM