Sound Driver Issues RRS feed

• Question

• This has been a problem ever since I got my windows vista business
    The driver I currently have is out of date, but the website does not have a section on driver updates
    I was wondering if any of you here could provide a confused 18 year old with some helpful answers!
    The driver is called HdAudio.sys and the current version I have is 6.0.5840.16387
    The problem taht this is causing is that I have no sound towards the left of my speakers, the right side has only 1 working
    "setup is 5.1"
    A programme called "Driver Detective" said that they have updates for my driver, but they are going to change me for them, I don't have the money for them though...
    I will post the model and the manufacturer, but I'm afraid I lost the serial

Manufacturer : Cambridge Soundworks
    Model : BD-1430
    Driver ver. :
    Driver Name : HdAudio.sys
    Operating system : Windows Vista Business x32 bit

Any help or advice you can give will be welcomed!
    Thank for reading

Axel
    Monday, November 24, 2008 12:56 AM

Answers

• COMPLETELY EDITED
    **************************************************************************************************************************************************

My driver is fixed
    www.drivermax.com
    This is a programme that gives you to ability to download all drivers FOR FREE
    Not just a free scanner... like most of the other ones out there
    This fixed my sound driver issue and now I have sound coming from all speakers
    I thank you for taking an interest in this thread and Hopefully the link I posted will help other people who have the same issues with their drivers.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:32 PM

All replies

• Axel

If this is a hardware device that is still supported by Cambridge, your best option is to contact the vendor where you purchased the device.

It appears that Cambridge does not provide direct support and relies on their vendors to provide support and distribute these drivers.

Also, check the documentation for the device to see if there is more information about how to obtain the drivers.

Hope this helps.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:38 PM
  • I'm SOOO sorry for my late reply
    I have been busy with college
    But I found the driver update installed it but it doesn't appear to be working...
    the update is
    Driver Ver: 6.0.1.5730
    I restarted my PC, shut it down but it isn't working = \
    Thanks for your help though
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 6:52 PM
  • Hi

No problem on the late reply.  

Could you post details about exactly where you found the driver?

This may help someone else who is having the same problem.

Thanks.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:01 PM
  • COMPLETELY EDITED
    **************************************************************************************************************************************************

My driver is fixed
    www.drivermax.com
    This is a programme that gives you to ability to download all drivers FOR FREE
    Not just a free scanner... like most of the other ones out there
    This fixed my sound driver issue and now I have sound coming from all speakers
    I thank you for taking an interest in this thread and Hopefully the link I posted will help other people who have the same issues with their drivers.
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 7:32 PM
  • Hi

Thank you very much for letting us know how you resolved the problem.

I will take a look at  that program.

Regards,

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 4:13 PM