Error 0xc0000098 After Vista SP1 Install RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a multiboot XP and Vista Business system.  XP is on C: and Vista is on D:  I ran SP1 for Vista and all seemed normal until the final reboot when the system failed with ntoskrnl corrupt or missing (0xc0000098).  I ran spotmau 2008 professional to recover the ntoskrnl.  That solved that problem, now I get PSHED.dll corrupt or missing.  When I run automatic repair from a Vista Installation disk it fails and shows PSHED.dll is corrupt or missing. I try doing system restore from the installation disk and it does not find a restore point. chkdsk does not indicate any errors on the disk.  I really don't want to do a clean reinstall as I will lose my Office 2007.  I don't want to repurchase Office 2007.

I am now stumped. I did not make a sytem backup before doing the update as it ran successfully on another system.  Is there anyway to expand these missing/corrupt files from the installation disk as in XP?

The Windows XP Pro installation still works fine.  The BCD seems ok.  I tried safe mode in all options with no success.

Thanks for any help, Ken

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you have Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC installed on your system, I suggest discussing the issue in our Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

I have included our Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) forum below for your reference:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1992&SiteID=17

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As you have Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RC installed on your system, I suggest discussing the issue in our Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot your issue. Thank you for your understanding.

I have included our Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) forum below for your reference:

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1992&SiteID=17

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Tim Quan

Microsoft Online Community Support

Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:57 AM
  • Thanks, I did that.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:29 AM