none
IE Fails to Launch RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my boss is using IE11 under Windows 7 (64bit).  He did open 13 tabs at the same time while an error message "IE fails to lucnh" was prompted suddenly.  Then he had to close all the tabs and reopen the IE again.

I do believe that it was caused by the memory issues but is there any way to let us only close the tab (website) with problem?  Or can we restrict the memory limit for each tab (e.g. 300MB)?

Thanks.

Monday, December 7, 2015 3:59 AM

Answers

• close the IE as a whole and restart it again

That probably wasn't necessary.  Was Automatic Crash Recovery in effect?  (Options, Advanced tab, Browsing section)   It's not supposed to loop uncontrollably but turning that off presumably would not even let it repeat once.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Friday, December 18, 2015 5:45 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 1:22 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Anything in event logs ? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 7, 2015 4:04 AM
  • Have a look at this : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/967896

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, December 7, 2015 4:04 AM
  • Hi T.Mok,

Thank you for your question.

Did this issue occur all the time?

I am sorry that we could not restrict the memory limit for explore tab, we could run IE with no add-ons mode to check the issue persist:

iexplore.exe –extoff

We could reset IE or Update Windows to the lasted to check if the issue persist.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:01 AM
  • Hi, no error log just it prompted "IE fails to launch".  And my boss then close the IE as a whole and restart it again.

Thanks.

Friday, December 11, 2015 9:15 AM
  • close the IE as a whole and restart it again

That probably wasn't necessary.  Was Automatic Crash Recovery in effect?  (Options, Advanced tab, Browsing section)   It's not supposed to loop uncontrollably but turning that off presumably would not even let it repeat once.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LSModerator Friday, December 18, 2015 5:45 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 1:22 AM
    Answerer