none
Serious problem in DPM 2010 / 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Gents,

There is a serious problem in DPM. Suddenly you can find that you can't restore your data.

You will try to restore early data from early recovery point (RP), but that will be bad too.

If something is wrong with your RP, you will find that when you will try to restore. All new RPs also will be bad.

But DPM always report that backup was fine, there was no backup job errors.

Since RP is bad, DPM can't create tape backup.

See this old thread: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dpmtapebackuprecovery/thread/1b8947b4-9832-4d1b-a722-392e7d7bfd5d

I saw this issue in DPM 2010 and see that in DPM 2012.

At the moment I have several bad server backups and should delete these servers from Protection Groups. I.e. I will lose all backups for these servers.

There is a lot of reports about this error: "ID 2033 Details: The system cannot find the path specified (0x80070003)"

But it seems MS can't fix that.

You should restore all your data everyday, i.e. check your backups. DPM is a great product.

--

MCSE NT, MCSE 2000, MCSE 2003, MCITP Enterprise Administrator

• Edited by Alternate Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:17 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:14 AM

All replies

• Hi,

In the previous post, we asked that a support case be opened to help identify the root case since this particular problem cannot be resolved using a forum setting.   Please open a support case to have this issue investigated.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 12:26 PM
  • Created support case 112070457102154

mcse^4

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:58 PM