none
Exchange 2003 to 2007 mailbox move - Multi-threading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

i was moving mailboxes from 2003 to 2007sp3, i was trying to move 10 mailboxes at a time using max thread command line, but it seems to working only two at a time, can you please advise?

tnx

lrok

Lrok

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:31 AM

Answers

• Are you using the EMS to initiate the moves? If so, use the -MaxThreads parameter to increase the number of concurrent moves.

However, the default is "4". If only two are moving at a time there's probably some throttling going on because of poor performance. Increasing the concurrency probably would result in worse performance.

I forget if the restriction on the 2003 side is "2". If it is, you can run multiple sessions and increase the concurrency in that way. It's not the same as increasing the number of threads, but multiple processes may get you the increase you need. Just don't overdo it. :-)

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by Lrok Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:39 AM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 9:32 PM

All replies

• Are you using the EMS to initiate the moves? If so, use the -MaxThreads parameter to increase the number of concurrent moves.

However, the default is "4". If only two are moving at a time there's probably some throttling going on because of poor performance. Increasing the concurrency probably would result in worse performance.

I forget if the restriction on the 2003 side is "2". If it is, you can run multiple sessions and increase the concurrency in that way. It's not the same as increasing the number of threads, but multiple processes may get you the increase you need. Just don't overdo it. :-)

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE&I, Exchange MVP

• Marked as answer by Lrok Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:39 AM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 9:32 PM
  • Thanks Rich

Lrok

Saturday, November 2, 2013 11:39 AM