Event ID 1076 Reason Code: 0xa000000 - What really happened ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning,

I have a server HP Proliant  DL 180G6 with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 with Service Pack 2. This is a application server

Today, some users complained that the server was not responding, so when I accessed the server, logging in as administrator, I received the message that it had restarted  and the event 1076 Reason Code: 0xa000000.

I checked the event viewer that there was reset due to upgrade and no user was logged into the server and restarted or turned off.Also, no one pressed the reset button or turn off the server.

I checked all the server hardware with HP System Management and also found no problem.

I looked at the technet forums and even called for microsoft, but got no answer and so far do not know why it happened.

Now the server is operating normally, but do not know if it can restart at any time.

Is this a physical problem or the operating system? I need to install an update or correction? What really happened for me to receive this message?

Thank you!

Douglas Silva

douglas.itsolutions@gmail.com

dougwutang@hotmail.com

Sao Paulo - Brazil

------------------------------------------

The message

Date: 06/08/2012

Source: USER32

Category: None

Type: Warning

Event ID: 1076

User: Server\Administrator

Description: The reason supplied by user Server\Administrator for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: Other (Unplunned)

Reason Code: 0xa000000

Bug ID: ???

BugCheck String:

Comment: ??

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:53 PM

Answers