none
Internet explorer NOT RESPONDING RRS feed

• Question

• For some time now I have been trying to find out what my I E problem is !  I get many stops when I am using my computer

which says "Internet Explorer is not responding " and occasionly I get the same for windows but not often .

I have asked this question on other forums but I still do not have a plausible  answer . Any advice on this problem would be appreciated .

Crawdad 27.

Monday, February 1, 2016 5:37 AM

Answers

• Hi crawdad 27,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that which version of Internet Explorer have you used? Since the support for older versions of Internet Explorer ended on January 12th, 2016.

I suppose that you used Internet Explorer 11. For Internet Explorer not responding problem, there are several general methods to troubleshoot the problem. Please try it.

1.Install the latest update.

Run Windows Update to correct problems by replacing out-of-date files, updating drivers, and fixing vulnerabilities.

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

Enter Update in the search box, and then tap or click Check for updates.

Download and install any updates from Windows Update.

2.Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)

Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.

Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.

3.Turn off add-ons

Since incompatible or out-of-date add-ons might cause Internet Explorer to run slowly, crash, or prevent sites from displaying correctly. We may want to turn off all add-ons, and then turn them back on only as we need them.

4.Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Please refer to the link:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi crawdad 27,

Based on your description, I want to confirm that which version of Internet Explorer have you used? Since the support for older versions of Internet Explorer ended on January 12th, 2016.

I suppose that you used Internet Explorer 11. For Internet Explorer not responding problem, there are several general methods to troubleshoot the problem. Please try it.

1.Install the latest update.

Run Windows Update to correct problems by replacing out-of-date files, updating drivers, and fixing vulnerabilities.

Enter Update in the search box, and then tap or click Check for updates.

Download and install any updates from Windows Update.

2.Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter

Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.

Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.

3.Turn off add-ons

Since incompatible or out-of-date add-ons might cause Internet Explorer to run slowly, crash, or prevent sites from displaying correctly. We may want to turn off all add-ons, and then turn them back on only as we need them.

4.Reset Internet Explorer settings.

Please refer to the link:

What to do when Internet Explorer isn't working: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Best Regards,

Tao

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a couple of days, have you solved the problem? We are looking forward to your good news.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:58 AM