Weird calendar issue (Outlook 2016 via 365) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Office 365 user that is having a weird calendar issue. More of an annoyance really. Also we’ve just migrated him to a brand new computer so he has a new Windows profile and new Outlook profile already. Additionally moved him from 32 bit office to 64 bit Office on the new computer.

When he first opens Outlook (most of the time) and clicks onto his calendar, it opens up in list view instead of the normal calendar view. I just tested it for myself in a virtual machine and maybe 3 out of 5 times it occurred. Once we switch it to calendar view it’s fine until reboot or Outlook is closed reopened.

PC is Win 10 Pro, 16GB of RAM, SSD storage, and it’s using the latest Office 2016 (64 bit) version from 365 apps.

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After changing to Month View, please click Change View > Apply Current View to other Calendar Folders.

And then go to Change View > Manage Views > Month View > Click Apply View.

From the description, issue continues when this user goes to another PC, right?

Have you installed any add-ins? We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

As far as I know, some antivirus software will integrate with Outlook client which may bring some performance issue. Please temporarily close these antivirus programs on this computers to check the results.

Besides, please install available updates for both Windows and Office.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, May 13, 2019 8:01 AM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:06 AM
  • Thanks! I'll try those suggestions on Monday when I am there.
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:10 PM
  • No problem~

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 10, 2019 5:04 AM
  • Hi,

Have you found a fix for this issue? If yes, I'd appreciate a lot if you can share it here.

If the information helps, it's recommended to mark it as answer.

Have a nice day~

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, May 17, 2019 5:20 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2019 5:19 AM