none
Conditional Data Filling Within a Sheet RRS feed

• Question

• My scenario is this:

I have a VERY expansive workbook used for scheduling staff that is importing data from various sources.  The sheet was created by someone else who is no longer accessible, and EVERYTHING is being done via formulas, and it surprisingly works rather well, for the most part.

What I want to do is create a script to conditionally fill a relative cell in a row based on the value of 2 other cells with a pre-defined string.

Basically there are these data points in a single row for an employee to be scheduled that need to be brought together:

(A1)Cell indicating their primary work location (A)

(A2)Cell that denotes where their work assignment is (This may be their home base of (A) or one of a number of other locations)

(A3)Cell that if a location code is entered will automatically enter a three letter code to add necessary drive time to their scheduled time from A to X

I need to be able to query A1 compare to the list of options for A2 and if A2 is different from A1 enter the three letter code into A3.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  My background is almost exclusively in Python and VB doesn't like all the IF/THENs I want to try to use.

Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:12 PM

Answers

• Just assign the formula to the cell.

You should post questions like this in the Excel forum.  This is not an Office/Excel forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:36 PM

All replies

• Just assign the formula to the cell.

You should post questions like this in the Excel forum.  This is not an Office/Excel forum.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:36 PM
  • Woopsie, thanks, although I was thinking of going at it with VB script, but that would explain why my google search landed me here :/
    Friday, August 18, 2017 3:26 PM