Word 2007 crashes when trying to save RRS feed

• Question

• Word 2007 crashes when I try to save a file.  The computer is running Vista and Enterprise 2007.  I have the SP3 update.  Plus I ran the automatic fix program by Microsoft, but it has not corrected the issue.  Furthermore, when I run the diagnostic check, I get the following message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click ok to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'GrooveMUISet.msi'."

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:05 PM

All replies

• Hope you get an answer to this as I am having the exact same problem, only in SP2 (didn't know there was a Vista SP3).

After crashing in Word 2007 quite a few times either upon saving, or in this instance, copying, I got a Microsoft pop-up that said it seems like you're crashing quite a bit, would you like us to run diagnostics (or something to that effect) & I did and got the same GrooveMUISet.msi is missing, or not found.  Not too much on this on the web except for a few download "fixes" which have an appended GrooveMUISet.msi.bc on them (British Columbia?) which I'm a bit wary of downloading anything that isn't a trusted site, like MS.

Florence Polk-Schlossman

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:23 PM
  • I am having the same problem. Can't seem to find this GrooveMUISet.msi either. I have just installed AVG 13 update so I will try uninstalling that. 
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:05 PM