SCSM Web Portal Announcement not showing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created 1 announcement and it shows 1 in the Web Portal. But when I click the icon/image of announcement nothing display.

I hope someone can help me on this.

Thank you.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:55 AM

Answers

• I don't know which setting might prevent showing the announcements in Firefox, sorry.

You can show more than 5 announcements in the portal.

But you need to modify the main.css file (by default the main.css is here: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SelfServicePortal\Content\CSS)

By default the height is 25em.

The number of Most popular Help Article is defined a different way ... I have no clue at the moment where and how.

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:21 AM

All replies

• Which version of the SCSM portal are you using?

Is there an expiration date configured for the announcement?

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:22 AM
  • SCSM 2012 R2 Sir.

I tried to other browser like Chrome and IE both are showing, only in Mozilla its not showing.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Here the SCSM announcements are working with all 3 browsers in the latest version (FireFox, IE, Chrome).

Firefox:

IE:

Chrome:

Maybe a setting in FireFox prevents the display of the announcement?

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 9:56 AM
  • Maybe Sir.

Because now only in firefox it was not showing. But I don't know what setting in Firefox I need to change to make it work.

Also, where can I change the total of Most Popular Help Article display? Because now only 5 display I want to change it to 10. Is it possible?

Thank you

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:00 AM
  • I don't know which setting might prevent showing the announcements in Firefox, sorry.

You can show more than 5 announcements in the portal.

But you need to modify the main.css file (by default the main.css is here: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SelfServicePortal\Content\CSS)

By default the height is 25em.

The number of Most popular Help Article is defined a different way ... I have no clue at the moment where and how.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:21 AM
  • Thank you Sir. 

II'm still looking where can I change the total display of most popular article.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:17 AM