Error Message on opening program file: 'overflow while accessing registry or .cfg file' RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Sage WinForecast V4.03 for several years and it worked fine on Windows 7 and until 4 days ago on Windows 10. Now when I try to load the program I get the message 'overflow while accessing registry or .cfg file'.

I have tried a clean reinstall of the software and also reinstalled from backups and no change. I also tried a previous version of the software and that worked (but would not read my later version files :-/) and also cleaning/defragging the registry.

I have tried searching the web but cannot find any reference to this issue.

Thank you for your help in resolving this.

Friday, May 19, 2017 12:49 PM

All replies

• Did you manage to fix this issue? I am having the same problem. 

The program opens okay and loads a forecast, but errors as soon as a report is selected with an Overflow problem: Sage WinForecast Professional has encountered an error below and cannot proceed:

Overflow

Monday, August 7, 2017 4:48 PM
  • Sage Winforecast (SWF) battles with Windows 10 and it will progressively get worse. If you would like to look at the next version called Forecast5 please contact me at chris@alchemex.com.au .  Forecast5 is a rewrite of SWF on an SQL backend, has additional features and operates in a modern windows environment but much of the operational functionality is the same.

Chris

Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:18 AM