changing syncronization of contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

We have exchange 2010 and MOSS07 and i want to change the sync directory for contacts in users mailbox...

Is there a way to do this?

The reason is that i´ve created a few sharepointlists with contacts that i want to sync to mobilephones etc...

The phones checks default in "contacts" and my sharepointlists are shared folders and ends up beneath "contacts".

The only way to get all the contacts is to copy/paste to "contacts" but i want this to be automatic...

Is there a way to guide the shared contacts, that i created in sharepoint, to the default "contacts"-folder?

Best regards

Fredrik

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Fredrik,

Did you mean that you wanted to sync a SharePoint “Contacts” list to your personal Outlook default “Contacts” folder?

As far as I know, it is impossible, the Outlook default Contacts is a local folder. But with “Connect to Outlook”, the SharePoint contact list send a list copy to your Outlook locally, it has a network location and sync in a certain frequency in two-way.  

Does it work if you move the SharePoint list contacts into/under the Outlook default Contacts?

If not work, you need to copy the SharePoint list contacts to Outlook default Contacts manually.

Or ask in Exchange forum whether there are some methods.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Fredrik,

Did you mean that you wanted to sync a SharePoint “Contacts” list to your personal Outlook default “Contacts” folder?

As far as I know, it is impossible, the Outlook default Contacts is a local folder. But with “Connect to Outlook”, the SharePoint contact list send a list copy to your Outlook locally, it has a network location and sync in a certain frequency in two-way.  

Does it work if you move the SharePoint list contacts into/under the Outlook default Contacts?

If not work, you need to copy the SharePoint list contacts to Outlook default Contacts manually.

Or ask in Exchange forum whether there are some methods.

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hi Daniel. Yes that´s what i am doing right now, the "connect to outlook" option. It works but i need them to sync with mobile phones etc. Been searching for a solution for quite some time now but i guess it´s a dead end. It would have been a great feature though. Thank you for responding. Regards Fredrik
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:30 PM