Unable to invoke application 'wscript.exe X:\deploy\Scripts\LiteTouch.wsf RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a new LiteTouchPE_x64.iso from MDT 2013.  After I boot up from VM, it stopped at X:\windows\system32 within command prompt.  It does not launch MDT Task Sequence for me to capture the WIM.  On X:\windows\system32 folder, I notice below error in winpeinit.log.  Any suggestion?

Brian

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:19 AM

Answers

• Additionally, you may have also built a "Generic ISO" image and mounted that one instead.

Within your litetouchx64_PE.WIM file, you should see an x:\deploy directory, if not rebuild.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

• Marked as answer by Ty Glander Saturday, April 30, 2016 6:28 AM
    Friday, April 29, 2016 10:26 PM
  • I figured our the problem.  It was related to McAfee antivirus and VirusScan Enterprise installed on the device.  Once I removed them, I was able to create the LiteTouchPE_x64.iso and task sequence was prompted.

Thanks,

Brian

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:10 PM

All replies

• The file can't be found. Maybe regenerate your boot images.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it.

Friday, April 29, 2016 7:30 PM
  • Additionally, you may have also built a "Generic ISO" image and mounted that one instead.

Within your litetouchx64_PE.WIM file, you should see an x:\deploy directory, if not rebuild.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, April 29, 2016 10:26 PM
  • I figured our the problem.  It was related to McAfee antivirus and VirusScan Enterprise installed on the device.  Once I removed them, I was able to create the LiteTouchPE_x64.iso and task sequence was prompted.

Thanks,

Brian

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:10 PM