none
Remove Entries with no value in the total "Resource Assignment" RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am looking for a view where when i do not use any filters in the Resource view with Summery view selected, and when i choose the date range, i want only tasks with actual work done during that selected period to show.

that is if the total for a specif task is blank, do not show in the list.

i am currently doing that by exporting the view to excel and filter the total to remove the blank.

thank you for your help

Traffic Manager Born Interactive

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi AsaadSaleh,

I'm not sure to well understand but as far as I get it, you'd like to filter on tasks that have started (ie actual work or actual start date) on a specific period.

I'd advice you the following:

• Copy and rename the existing filter "time interval" (not sure of the translation, my Project is in french...)
    • Add a condition "AND" with for example actual start date different from "NC"

Then you might add this custopm filter in a custom view.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 4:33 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, but i couldn't find the filter "Time Interval" or if you mean by it the "Date Range" but this is a filter that Can't be copied or used other than in that page.

what you mean NC?

thank you.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 6:54 AM
  • Hi,

Indeed I meant "time interval" filter. I just tried and I was able to copy it in order to create a custom filter from this filter. What steps did you follow? What message do you get?

By NC, I meant the default null value (in french, something like "not communicated").

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:28 PM
  • Hi again,

if by copy you mean from the "Manage view" in the server settings, then I can't find this view to copy it i wish i can.

here is a snap shot of what i have and what i want:

in the date range highligted in yellow i select let's say this week from Mon Nov 25 till Friday Nov 30

i don't want to see the tasks highlighted in yellow, where their total is black, please check the snap shot.

regards.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:39 PM
  • hi

can you please check my reply with the snapshot. thank you so much.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:40 PM