none
Actual Effort of All Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In 2013 Project Server, I want to view actual effort of all resources. These resources work for different project managers. Hence, I cannot make myself as the timesheet manager for all the resources. But, on a weekly basis, I want to see their actual effort like i do in Project Server 2003. Can you please let me know how to view actual effort of all the resources.

Thank you

Siva Chaitanya.

Siva Chaitanya

Thursday, April 21, 2016 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

frim my understanding, you are using timesheets for time tracking. with default settings, actuaks are only submitted to timesheet manager and will never be applied to project plan. To get actuals in project plan, you can use "Tasks", but in this case, timesheet manager will not be aware of activities in his team.

But there is a feature called "Single Entry Mode" (SEM), which will provide a solution you are looking for. You can enable this in Server Settings - Timesheet Settings and Defaults. With SEM enabled, also status updates are sent to project managers for approval (in addition to timesheet for approval by timesheet manager).

Have a look at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg597642%28v=office.14%29.aspx for more information. It was written for Project Server 2010, but is also applicalbel for Project Server 2013.

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:03 AM
  • Hi Siva,

You can go to the resource center, select resources and click on resource assignments. You'll see planned work and actual work. 

If you do need a more customized report, than you'll have to create a custom report, using Excel data connection on the reporting DB, OLAP cubes or SSRS.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:13 AM