Citrix Xenapp Management Pack discovery issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have imported the latest Citrix xenapp MP  by following the guide (http://docs.citrix.com/en-us/scom-management-packs/xenapp-xendesktop/3-12/install-configure.html)  I have enabled Applications Discovery and Delivery Groups and Hypervisor Connections Discovery rules also but still nothing shows up for Server OS and Applications. Is anyone using the Citrix MPs  and can help with this issue

Thanks, Samer Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

Friday, June 30, 2017 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Smaer,

did you enable WinRM on the targeted systems?
    Do you have any error related to the discovery on your management sever (Operations Manager event log)?
    What is the default Dioscovery Intervall? Have you waited enough for it to complete?
    Have you ensured that your account has the needed permissions indeed?
    I would concentrate on the prerequisites section of the guide and aslo double check all account and permissions.

Cheers,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Friday, June 30, 2017 11:51 AM
  • Hi Sir,

In addition to Stoyan .

>> I have enabled Applications Discovery and Delivery Groups and Hypervisor Connections Discovery rules also but still nothing shows up for Server OS and Applications.

Have you imported windows OS management pack ?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=9296

And,  these computers are added into SCOM (agent installed) ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 3, 2017 4:49 AM
  • Hello,

I did check winrm and its actually configured. unfortunately no discovery related errors on those xenapp servers and management servers. The default discovery runs every 4 hours.  the OS Management Packs are also imported. the Xenapp servers are actually present in "Windows Computer" View and its healthy so OS related monitoring is happening. Its just they are not present in the  Server OS machine view and also no applications were discovered 

I will try to export the MP and see the XML to find out what exactly is being discovered in Applications Discovery and Delivery Groups and Hypervisor Connections Discovery rules

Thanks, Samer Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!

Monday, July 3, 2017 11:29 AM
  • Hi Sir,

>> Its just they are not present in the  Server OS machine view and also no applications were discovered 

There is no error under "event viewer-->applications and services logs -->operations manager" in both OM server and that server ?

I found that article mentioned the winrm version is 2.0 , have you tried to run the following command to test the winrm connection :

winrm id -r:servername.domain.com

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Tuesday, July 25, 2017 3:35 PM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:19 AM