Tricky questions : Phantom reminders RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user (A, Outlook 2010, Exchange 2013) and she gets EVERY DAY TWO reminders, one from B and another from C, that (B) and (C) have birthday. (C) is on sick leave (Computer shut down). So I cannot have a look at computer of C. But there is still B, and at least I could stop the reminder from (B). I guess I can do that in OWA - suppose it must be done in OWA, the problem does not seem to be related to the computer (because the reminder comes even when the computer is shut down). Does someone know how to settle this issue concerning the birthday reminder from B ?
    Sunday, October 22, 2017 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I notice that the birthday reminder window prompted every day on UserA Outlook client. I would like to know which day is User B and UserC's birthday?

In UserA's Outlook 2010, please go to Calendar panel, check the box next to Birthday Calendar ro view B and C's birthday date in Calendar:

Try to remove the birthday on Calendar to check if the reminders are prompted the next day. If there is no reminder after removing the birthday item. Add it back on Calendar to check if the reminder issue persists for prompted every day.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Thanks Winie. Maybe You misunderstood. A gets every day a reminder from B and C (it is an email !) that it is his birthday. I do not think that A has provoked this mail ...
    Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:43 PM
  • Thanks Winie. Maybe You misunderstood. A gets every day a reminder from B and C (it is an email !) that it is his birthday. I do not think that A has provoked this mail ...

Oh... I misunderstand it as a Calendar reminder. If it is an Email, would you mind to share us a screenshot about this email?

We can view your screenshot to check if there is any information indicated how this email sending and who send it. If you cannot upload picture in this forum, share it via OneDrive and paste link here as a workaround. (Please notice to protect the email address for users in picture)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 10:10 AM