none
Transport Rule

Question

• Is it possible to create a transport rule that will reject an email to a certain internal address (our helpdesk app) that has any other address in the to: or cc: fields? My users will submit a helpdesk request via email and either cc multiple people or include them in the to: field. They continuously hit reply all and when our helpdesk email address is included we end up getting multiple replies back to a ticket after everyone replies all with their 2 cents worth. I created a rule that works great when the helpdesk address is in the CC filed. I need it to work basically if there is any other address in the email aside from helpdesk

Friday, January 27, 2017 2:14 PM

All replies

• Think you can use outlook rule for that. All mail not sent directly to me, move to another folder. Cause I guess your system does not check for sub folders in the mailbox?

You have to create this rule under shared mailbox profile.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Edited by Off2work Friday, January 27, 2017 2:44 PM Edit
    Friday, January 27, 2017 2:44 PM
  • Hi,

Sure, it's possible. Create a transport rule like this:

Change 'Alice Wang' to helpdesk address.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 30, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Hi, WGP47

Have you tried my suggested transport rule above?

Let me know the results.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 8:39 AM
  • Hi Lynn

It worked! Thanks alot

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 12:03 PM
  • You are welcome! Please feel free to mark helpful reply as answer.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li

Thursday, February 2, 2017 1:28 AM