Windows Vista Home Premium MUI Arabic Pack? RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I want a MUI so i can type in Arabic. Where can i download the MUI and the Arabic Language Pack? It seems that it is available only for Windows Vista Ultimate and not for Home Edition. When I click on regional and laguage setting, only English(UK) is installed and it is not letting me install Arabic Keyboard.
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 6:27 AM

All replies

• you said that you want to type in arabic. This is possible from every Vista edition and does not requires MUI. I can type in Chinese and Japanese (languages I use frequently) even from Home Basic. Go to Regional and Language options, click Keyboards and Languages, change keyboards. Choose add. There are several types of Arabic (such as Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc). Choose the one that you want, and then select the type of keyboard. To type in arabic, switch English (UK) in taskbar to Arabic before typing.

If you want to see all in Arabic, unfortunately you can't, as this is exclusive for ultimate users. Maybe try another solution called LIP (Language Interface Pack), which can be installed in any edition. But since Arabic is available as MUI, I am not sure of its availability as LIP. I.e. Indonesian is available as LIP, but not as MUI.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:15 PM