Right way to use Macro enabled Excel files on Microsoft Teams RRS feed

• Question

• My company has a bunch of Macro enabled Excel files. We have been in a steady progress of migrating our data to Microsoft Teams. I have been informed that the Macros don't work on Microsoft Teams. What would be the right way to execute Macros on Microsoft Teams
    Wednesday, November 28, 2018 10:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft Teams open Excel Workbook as open Workbook in Excel Online. Excel Online is not available to use Macros. This is by design behavior in Excel online.

In my opinion, you can try to select Edit in Excel to call Excel desktop application to open and use Macro Workbooks:

Hope it's helpful.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 8:04 AM